The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, klhansen, Shaffer's1950, Steelonsteel), 101 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,618
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 45
H
Apprentice
Apprentice
H Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 45
ok. since I just bought this truck and have no knowlegde of the differences of each part, I am goint to ask a stupid question, whats the difference between a high and low tunnel on these cabs( can I tell by hight of rise on the tunnel in inches). I want to order sound deadner and carpet pretty soon, so I figure I would consult the experts, thanks in advance

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
i am no expert. the high hump came with the 4 speed and is more square, the low hump was on 3 speeds and autos and is rounder.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
a high hump should have a factory hole for the floor shifter. you can cut a hole in a low hump but it has to be bumped out a bit. that's if you are lookin to tell the difference. good luck, hr

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
the othwer big difference is that one can take the h/hump out (removable). you can always install a high hump, but you need some of the accompaning sheet metal. will give you clearance also if you run a later model A/T
ron

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
Hi,
Found this in archives.

Does anyone have a pic of high and low floor humps as used in 60-66 trucks?

The one I got with my 61 C30 Panel is not original piece.
It's about 3" tall at front, sort of square, no holes for shifter or E-brake. (but rotted at sides where it bolts to floor, so I have to figure out where to look for another.)

Thanks
Pete

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
We have them in stock, if you still need one.

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 436
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 436
Originally Posted by padresag
the othwer big difference is that one can take the h/hump out (removable). you can always install a high hump, but you need some of the accompaning sheet metal. will give you clearance also if you run a later model A/T
ron

I had the low hump on my 63 C10. I was able to put a TH-400 in without any clearance problems. I don't know about anything later. My 62 C10 has the high hump. It is required for the 4-speed.



Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
Try this.
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/nn291/Rusty_1964/Body/?action=view&current=P1010488.jpg
I have the high hump, just filled in the holes as I will use an auto on the column.

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 788
there is also a high hump with no shifter holes at all that is removable. it comes from the 60-62 gmc that utilized the old hydramatic trans. if any requires a pic just ask
ron

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
6
'Bolter
'Bolter
6 Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 77
Thanks guys.
Now I know for sure what they look like and where to look for one.
60-62 GMC with hydramatic?
Oh boy, not exactly the easiest thing to turn up!

Pete


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0