| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
139
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 1 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2010 Posts: 1 | New Guy (1st time online) -- I have a '37 Chevy 1/2 ton with original 216 motor and 4-speed transmission. I cannot get the u-joint loose at the transmission. It's not the bolt-on type, it's the spider type. I don't have enough clearance to get the trunnion bearings off to drop the driveshaft. Will I have to pull the rear axle assembly, or is there a trick? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 130 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 130 | Not sure if the same as mine but you can lift the drive shaft up to get clearance--it lifts easy. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | I "think" I understand your question but not sure. One thing I do know is someone had a tranny from a bigger truck in a 37 pickup I worked on not long ago. I could not get it loose either because the back part of the tranny housing did not have the little indention to get the stuff loose. We ended up pulling the rear end back to get it out.......and it had to be put in the same way. Folks back years ago, and even today, used whatever they had on hand that they could make it work. Sounds like a case like mine....wrong tranny for the truck you have. Its not that hard so pull the rear end back some......
I doubt this helps but I want you to know I feel your pain. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | We are restoreing a 36 car & the u-joint is reveted together. We had to move the rear end back. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
| |
| |