The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 99 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,100
Posts1,056,513
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
J
JFG
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
I got my truck back last week,after bodywork and total repaint. Looks like a new truck (the outside anyway). It's not prefection or a show truck, but it looks decent, runs great after I reinstalled the cylinder head (found a burnt exhaust valve). I drive it every day now! I have installed hubcaps on all 5 wheels now- some of the pics were taken before that.
I plan to fix the interior this summer.
The odometer just turned over the other day (000000), but, like an idiot, I wasn't paying attention and missed it!

Here are links to pics (Hope this works):

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/jfgekg/Truck/side_after1.jpg
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/jfgekg/Truck/rear_after1.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/jfgekg/Truck/front_after1.jpg

This link shows the state of the truck before the body work:
http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/jfgekg/Truck/DSCN0092_044.jpg

It had no real rust but quite a few dents and old rattle can spray paint job.

Last edited by Peggy M; 04/24/2025 10:42 PM.
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 474
Looks very good .How much did it cost ?


Stovebolt Gallery
1952 Chevy 3100
1953 Chevy 4400
1965 Nova
Pics on Photobucket
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Looks very nice!

And welcome to Stovebolt!!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
J
JFG
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Webstershotrods, I paid $2500 for the truck. It ran (barely). I did most of the engine/mechanical work myself, so that cost wasn't too bad. Runs great now!

The body work cost me $5500.
That included sandblasting all of it, taking off the bed, doors, fenders, grille, bumper and hood; fixing dents, welding in a new right-side cowl panel with the heater inlet louvers, replacing all window rubber (I had previously bought the new rubber), and painting/reassembling it.

I also had to buy new tyres last year to get it inspection legal (and safe)here in UT. And the tailgate is new too.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
J
JFG
Offline
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 33
Thank you! Now people wave instead of just laughing at it.


Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0