The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bill Hanlon, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, fonz8261, 1 invisible), 121 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#64190 08/10/2006 7:40 PM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 58
2
Member
Member
2 Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 58
Well, I've just about finished with this project except that something was put back together incorrectly during the carb rebuild. Something involving the floats as the new carburetor wants to flood everytime I continue cranking the motor over. Dad and I will look that over tonight (I'll admit that he and I are both still learning about carburetors as well as other things).

As this conversion (from 1bbl to 2bbl) is not that common my dad and I came up with a rather unique linkage setup. We ended up using the original bell crank but extended the pin it balances it on and welded on a new stopper (washer). We then welded on a flat piece of metal to the other end that extended upward and a linkage from that to the carb. Hard to explain, but the picture explains it better than I do...

[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/DiscoDanny/riggedlinkage.jpg[/img]

As for the shoe polish I metioned earler.

I watched "The World's Fastest Indan" the other day starring Sir Anthony Hopkins. Great, GREAT movie! Really cool stuff. Little different.... but definetly worth ATLEAST a trip to the video rental place.

Anyway, in the movie the main character used shoe polish to "brighten" up his motorcycle tires. I gave it a go on just one of my tires, and it covers up discoloring and scuffs against the curb pretty well. Hard to tell in the pictures as my digital camera is actually a video camera, but maybe you can tell..... The second tire (though different) looked as bad as the first one.

[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/DiscoDanny/Truck/IMG_0137.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c157/DiscoDanny/Truck/IMG_0138.jpg[/img]


1967 Chevy truck "The Hurricane"

WARNING:
This suspect has a tendency to jerry-rig.

"My engine ain't fast, but I pulled a tree trunk out of the ground once."
#64191 08/11/2006 4:09 AM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,953
Use shoe polish all the time. Protects much better than Armorall IMHO.


1949 Chevy 1/2-Ton
"Sedgewick"
In the Gallery
1989 Caprice
#64192 08/11/2006 4:48 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 154
Member
Member
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 154
point 1: very nice linkage! if i ever did a 2 bbl swap, that'd be what i'd model it after...for sure.

point 2: Worlds Fastest Indian = greatness. along with the shoe polish...hahaha. they look really nice man.

rad.

.later days.
.sam.


1969 K20 , with a '67 front clip. fleetside. 292, 3x1 offy, headers. sm465 4spd. getting put back together, almost ready for paint.
doing it all myself.
19 and lovin' it.

"proper" is so over-rated.

.later days.
.sam.
#64193 08/11/2006 4:51 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 34
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 34
MY truck came with an extra set of wheels for an old Chevy truck. I did not want them and before I could take them out of the back of my truck a guy bought them from me for his 67 Chevelle. He later called back and said he had a 5 bolt pattern and could not use them. I told him to sell them. If you know of anyone interested in a set I can give you the particulars. The two front wheels where thin and would look great. I preferred to stick with original look.

Let me know.
Steve
[email protected]


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0