| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Lookin' good Casey!  1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 1,554 | Ahhh yes,those are 55 Olds lights.They sure look good,THX for the tip. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 13 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 13 | May I ask where you found them? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 149 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 149 | They are somewhat rare and expensive. I guess that kind of adds to the cool factor. You can buy them from parts dealers brand new, but they are around $75 for just one lens. If you buy them with the medallions (which is really cool in my opinion) they can go for $145 for just one lens! The best thing to do is keep looking on ebay. These taillights show up used usually once every two weeks. I just sold two tail lights and both went for $35. That was just the lenses though. I recently saw a tail light lense and housing go for about $60. Just keep checking Ebay is your best bet. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2000 Posts: 179 | Interesting look. I've seen Cadillac lights used but not the Olds. On a side note, I see you replaced the painted bumper with a chrome one. Don't scrap it! I had a very hard time finding mine. When I was looking for one on eBay, a painted '58/'59 Fleetside rear bumper would go fairly high when you could find one.
Joe McNeel
http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
| | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 149 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 149 | Really? I didn't know a fleetside bumper would be of much value. The one I have I just painted it silver, so I haven't scrapped it. | | |
| |
| |