The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Phak1, Guitplayer, Otto Skorzeny, Perro, greenie-reddy, Hush, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 155 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,228
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 149
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 149
Stovebolt.com has helped me out so much, I am going to give something back.

After seeing a cool 58 apache rat rod with these tailights, I HAD TO HAVE THEM. After much research and help from another stovebolter, I found out they are 55 olds 88 tail lights. This is not an original idea, as I have seen a couple of trucks have this. If you have a fleetside 58 or 59, these look great. Very easy to install but do require some drilling.

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/...ew&current=SSPX0214.jpg&newest=1

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/...ew&current=SSPX0213.jpg&newest=1

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/...ew&current=SSPX0212.jpg&newest=1

This is where I got the idea from:

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/...p;current=chevytruck1-1.jpg&newest=1

Just thought I would share smile


"Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out."

---Casey---

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/davisears/?albumview=slideshow
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Lookin' good Casey! thumbs_up


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,554
Ahhh yes,those are 55 Olds lights.They sure look good,THX for the tip.

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 13
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 13
May I ask where you found them?

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 149
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 149
They are somewhat rare and expensive. I guess that kind of adds to the cool factor. You can buy them from parts dealers brand new, but they are around $75 for just one lens. If you buy them with the medallions (which is really cool in my opinion) they can go for $145 for just one lens! The best thing to do is keep looking on ebay. These taillights show up used usually once every two weeks. I just sold two tail lights and both went for $35. That was just the lenses though. I recently saw a tail light lense and housing go for about $60. Just keep checking Ebay is your best bet.


"Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out."

---Casey---

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/davisears/?albumview=slideshow
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2000
Posts: 179
Interesting look. I've seen Cadillac lights used but not the Olds. On a side note, I see you replaced the painted bumper with a chrome one. Don't scrap it! I had a very hard time finding mine. When I was looking for one on eBay, a painted '58/'59 Fleetside rear bumper would go fairly high when you could find one.


Joe McNeel

http://mcneelnet.com/~jmcneel/59.html
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 149
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 149
Really? I didn't know a fleetside bumper would be of much value. The one I have I just painted it silver, so I haven't scrapped it.


"Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out."

---Casey---

http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv127/davisears/?albumview=slideshow

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0