| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,720 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 21 | Does anyone have pictures or dimensions on the stake bed panels that came on a 1953 Chevy 3800? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 2,074 | I believe the 'Truck' sales brochure/literature I've seen shows in pretty good detail the stake bed stuff. Good Luck | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 142 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2008 Posts: 142 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 21 | Thanks for the info. Just bought my 1 ton. I am trying to figure out how to get pictures posted. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 21 | Were the original stake bed panels painted to match the truck? | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 142 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2008 Posts: 142 | Not sure Randy, but for 1942 they were same as the color of the cab. Somebody should be able to help on your specific question.
Good luck, Dale
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 1,107 | my 40 is pimpernel scarlet and so are the sheetmetal flarings and stake sides all the way around. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 56 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2009 Posts: 56 | Where are you in Texas Randy? I'm just outside of Austin and have a '53 3800. Been in a barn since '75, I almost have it started. No idea what I'm doing, learning as I go. Good thing I have two friends that have both owned garages. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 21 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2010 Posts: 21 | I am in NE Texas. Kilgore /Longview. I am the third owner of my truck and it is in graet shape. That is good because I am not much of a mechanic, however I have a friend who has a shop with a lift and he works for beer. He also works on my Harley. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 | We need to have a TX 3800s gathering when they all run. Or before. | | |
| |
| |