The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Guitplayer), 99 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,136
Posts1,056,425
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#636731 04/11/2010 5:46 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Brand new to Stovebolt... I'm doing the brakes (front to back, master cyl, lines, etc...) on my '58 Chev C60 Viking 2 ton dump truck. The Hydrovac brake booster is shot - anyone know where I can get a new one?

Thanks a million,
Wooley in N. MN

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 346
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 346
I just had my hydrovac rebuilt by these guys

Karps Brake Service

These guys turned mine around in a couple of weeks and it looks brand new.

Their price was about half of what a rebuilt unit at the parts store would have been.

Last edited by OlBlue; 04/11/2010 9:54 PM.

'38 Chevy 1-1/2 ton
'49 Chevy 1/2 ton
'54 Chevy 6400 2 ton
'55.2 GMC 3/4 ton
'56 GMC 1-ton

No Room Left in Shop
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,988
Welcome to the Bolt!! Good to see another Minnesotan on here. We'd also love to see pictures of your truck.


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 38
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 38
Welcome!!! Would love to see some pics of the '58.

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Thanks a bunch Ol'Blue! I'll contact Karpes.
Wooley

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Hey Rich, Very NICE '47! I tried posting a few pict's of the '58 C-60 2 ton dumpster. haven't done this before, I hope it worked.

I wrestled with a guy from Janesville LOTS of years ago... strong program down by Mankato.
Cheers, Wooley

Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 18
Ol Blue,
Karps called me today after e-mailing last night. GREAT guys and I'm sending the Hydrovac to be completely rebuilt for $199... well worth it for me - no time with 6 kids and a beautiful spring here in N. MN.

Thanks again for steering me to Karps,
Cheers, Wooley


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0