The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (frogfarmer, Steelonsteel, Gray_Ghost, TUTS 59, 2 invisible), 176 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,268
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
This is just a big THANK YOU to Stovebolt for such awesome help. I usually just search old threads to find out what might be going on - seems like the same problems occur in most vehicles. I had this fuel delivery issue which has stumped me for some time - I could get the thing started, but the fuel would cut out without pattern. Thanks to this website, I systematically went through each piece - and got a clutch driver out of it (to remove sending unit). A little metal piece was in the pickup tube and would float around - sticking at one end and cutting off fuel. To the best of my knowledge, it is the metal end of a glass automotive fuse. Surprisingly, the rest of the tank is in good shape - probably replaced in the 70s or 80s. So I put a mesh sock from Jim Carter on the pickup tube. Learned a lot from this process and now have no fear of systematically figuring out fuel vs fire in the future (oh yeah, I also rebuilt the ignition system). See pic of metal "fuel stopper." Dime added as size reference.

http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/1954GMC100/?action=view&current=GasLineClogger.jpg

Last edited by 1954GMC100; 04/07/2010 6:50 AM.
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
T
Ex Hall Monitor
Ex Hall Monitor
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,377
That IS bazaar but not the strangest thing I've heard of. I'm glad you were able to track it down.


Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 422
That looks like a rifle or pistol cartridge primer!

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 275
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 275
Always nice to hear how something turned out in the end.
Doug

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
1
New Guy
New Guy
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 9
AD_Pickup - I think you are absolutely right about a cartridge primer! Thanks for picking that up. I never even thought about it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e7/Primers.jpg


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0