| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,285 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 9 | This is just a big THANK YOU to Stovebolt for such awesome help. I usually just search old threads to find out what might be going on - seems like the same problems occur in most vehicles. I had this fuel delivery issue which has stumped me for some time - I could get the thing started, but the fuel would cut out without pattern. Thanks to this website, I systematically went through each piece - and got a clutch driver out of it (to remove sending unit). A little metal piece was in the pickup tube and would float around - sticking at one end and cutting off fuel. To the best of my knowledge, it is the metal end of a glass automotive fuse. Surprisingly, the rest of the tank is in good shape - probably replaced in the 70s or 80s. So I put a mesh sock from Jim Carter on the pickup tube. Learned a lot from this process and now have no fear of systematically figuring out fuel vs fire in the future (oh yeah, I also rebuilt the ignition system). See pic of metal "fuel stopper." Dime added as size reference. http://s1011.photobucket.com/albums/af240/1954GMC100/?action=view¤t=GasLineClogger.jpg
Last edited by 1954GMC100; 04/07/2010 6:50 AM.
| | |
| |
| |