The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (3B, Charles in CA, LAJones48, Joe H, Ridgeback, Jon G), 132 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,092
Posts1,056,455
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#632137 03/25/2010 11:54 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Hello all, I'm aj in gilroy ca. I own a 1937 chevy 1/2 ton. I am the second owner and am getting ready to restore the truck. When I got it, it was all there but the throttle knob and the tail light lens. All the fenders need to be replace (dur to dents). It has a 216 that is siezed up so I am thinking of putting in a 250 with a 350 trans just to get it going and cruise around. (any thoughts on that?)

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Stay true!

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi AJ welcome from Scotland.
There's a few 37 owners here,If you're looking for parts etc, post some requests in the swap meet section.
I'm not too hot on the inline 6s so try a post in the relevant forums and you'll get the info you need.
Good luck
Jock.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
welcome aj, how did it get so many dents in all the fenders (don't answer that) better dents than rust. If you plan to keep a six in it, consider a newer stovebolt six, a 235 or a 261, it will fit easier, although you can make anything work. I'm sure you will soon meet another '37 Chevy owner.

Leo

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 1,519
Welcome Delinquent,,youve come to the right place for all your old truck needs.
Good Luck with your project and..........we're all here to help,
Just Holla. (without the garlic)
Happy Truckin........

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Hey hey hey, another 37 owner. Welcome to the bolt. Great place to hang out and it keep us out of trouble!!
Good luck with your project. Just let us know what your needs are. If we dont' have it we can probably lead you to someone who does!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 3
Thanks all!

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 46
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 46
Welcome - I'm 35 miles north of you and still looking for my project. Check out the engine and driveline forum and search for "swaps." Also, check out the article on restore vs. street rod.

I still wrestle with original restoration vs. selective upgrade vs. radical modification. The feedback I got was if you have all the original parts you should restore it. You can search my posts to see the whole dialogue I started when I asked what rear end would go well with a Duramax on a big block Chevelle front frame clip.

Next week, I'm checking out a pile of '39 parts in Petaluma. There is supposed to be more than enough to put a whole truck together.


-=JD=-
Motohack
"Hand me that BIG hammer"
1941 Chevrolet 4408

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0