Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,126 Posts1,056,356 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Some of you guys over here in hot rod heaven might not know me, I’ve been pretty active over on a half dozen of John & Peggys other Stovebolt forums for about four years now. I’ve tried to help out other members as much as I can over the years with photos, tips and documentation of my 1950, 3600 restoration. I’m kind of a purest myself, and that’s why I don’t come to visit over here much. But, that doesn’t mean that I don’t have buddies who chose to drive a custom Stovebolt rather than a factory original. Fact is most of my friends have modernized their rides to make a better daily driver out of them. I know a lot of you have upgraded the front suspension of your AD’s to IFS meaning that you also had to change out the steering column for a late model or custom tilt column. I’ve been looking for a couple of months now over at the swap meet and on several other Chevy sites for a mast jacket or if I have to buy it, a complete steering gear. I’d sure appreciate it if one of you guy that still has one taking up room in the corner of the garage would get in touch with me. They usually end up going to the scrap yard with the other parts that get replaced. That’s been my problem with my local hot rod friends, i.e. they’ve already made the trip to the crusher. Thanks Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 03/26/2010 1:31 PM.
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 64 | there is a couple of those in the ditch @ the edge of my property still on the frames...send me a pic/ directions of how to identify what you need. i can email you pics from my phone, but dont know how to post pics here...we're starting to clear out the ditch make runs to the dump/junk yard in the coming weeks
everybody is ignorant @ something.the more we work together, the less ignorance there is floating around
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 64 |
everybody is ignorant @ something.the more we work together, the less ignorance there is floating around
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Here is a picture of what I'm looking for. I want one for a four speed, meaning that it has No holes for the column shifter brackets. Don't want one that is all rusted out either. http://www.pbase.com/dennygraham/image/122760708 I'd take the whole steering gear but all I really need is the mast jacket. Thanks Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 388 | Hey Denny, I have a 4 speed mast but no steering shaft or bearings.The mast is in desent shape but will need paint.Just say the word and I'll find a way to get it to ya. BTW do you or have you ever converted from lever action shocks to tube shocks anytime ? I am in the process now on my '48 and need to figure out what type of upper frame bracket to make to support the shock. If you have any advice or picts that would be great! Mike | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Mike I sent you a PM. Please check it out. Thanks Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Last edited by Denny Graham; 03/30/2010 1:42 PM.
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 9 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 9 | I have 2 3600's (1 parts truck) and I am changing out the truck I am doing to an ifs. It appears in great shape. Your welcome to it. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | PM'ed ya Don. Please check it out. Thanks Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1,132 | Denny,
I have the column as removed from my 49 with gearbox and pitman arm. You can have it if you want it.
Weeds | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | Thanks [censored], I'll PM you. Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | |
| |