The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Leo, Gdads51, cmayna, ShopRag, moparguy), 114 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,280
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#622081 02/21/2010 7:44 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Has anyone bought reproduction doors for your 64-66 chevy? Like those offered by LMC Truck? I read somewhere that someone bought them and they were 1/4" short. How is the fit and quality?

Thanks.

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
I bought fenders for my '62 at Eckler's because they were made in the USA. Fenders right on with the spec and well made. LMC at the time could not gaurantee a made in USA so I was afraid to oreder from LMC because of the sometimes lousy fit coming from off shore.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Iv'e never used any but from what I hear reproduction fenders fit pretty good but doors don't. Even the original doors on this era truck are hard to get adjusted right. I would be leary of repro's.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 41
try here usbody.com

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 52
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 52
Most of US Body parts are fiberglass. OK if someone wanted to go that route. You wouldn't have to worry about rust any more. I kinda like their cowl hoods.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 15
If the doors are made anything like the patch panels are then they are probably a pos. LMC and alot of places patch panels and body panels are all made in the same place in Taiwan. I've heard mixed results about the fenders.


How do I know so much about these trucks?
I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0