| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,126 Posts1,056,356 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 61 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 61 | Im in need of some original specs on the exhaust and muffler system for my 1/2 ton 51 chevy truck with 216 engine. I couldnt find them on the Tech Tips page.
Do i just go to midas and ask them to put in a basic muffler?
Thanks, Kevin
'51 Chevrolet 3100 216 5-Window
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 1,644 | Keven, some shops like my son in laws have a computer program so they can build the exhaust sys.to the original specs. If you do not have a shop that has that I am sure that somone here can post a pic. of one than you can bring that in with you to the shop my truck did not have a sys. in it and I am almost ready to go get mine so I do not have a pic to post.
Pete | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 61 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 61 | Yeah, that would be great if some folks had photos to share of their exhaust system. Thanks, Kevin
'51 Chevrolet 3100 216 5-Window
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,733 | I have mine posted but it is not a stock system. However I'll bet there are others posted too if you start looking thru the links to members trucks. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | Its a very simple exhaust system. One pipe and a muffler with a tail pipe that exits at the driver's side rear. It does curve up over the rear axle and they sell metal plates to keep the bed wood from getting hot. If you want it to be bone stock original that may take some research. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 506 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 506 |
-Tom
1950 Chevy 3100 w/ 1956 235
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 129 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 129 | Cool Tom, I printed mine out. I guess all of the "N/A"s mean not avalible, but I want to go with all stainless steel anyway.
Ed Miller '58 Apache short Fleetside half ton Napco Falls City, OR
| | |
| |
| |