The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, 1 invisible), 179 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62825 07/09/2006 11:12 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 23
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 23
I just redid my clutch in the 49 and found I can not get a replacement low profile clutch anymore. The clutch is a 11" on a 261 fits ok with a short throw out but I only have about a 1/16" clear on the high side of the bell housing. I think I'm ok but would like some of your input


sader dog
#62826 07/10/2006 12:28 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy saderdog, ever heard the saying "a miss is as good as a mile". But seriously start the engine and make a few shifts and listen

#62827 07/10/2006 5:07 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 76
I am running an 11 inch clutch behind my 261. It is tight. In fact when installing it the pressure plate rubs against the bell housing while you are tightening it up but once it is torqued down it works fine. I have put thousands of miles and a number of trips down the drag strip without a problem. I assume you must have the flywheel drilled for the 11 inch clutch and if so it should work fine.

#62828 07/11/2006 11:54 AM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 23
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 23
thanks for your input, I think I will go on and run it, but Jim Carter has a thin pressure plate that I am going to get and have in my backup stock. the clutchs are getting hard to come by


sader dog

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0