The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, 1 invisible), 164 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,122
Members48,435
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 100
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 100
i have removed all the bolts i can see. I have notice two pegs one the bell housing, one on each side, and i am not sure if these are just guides or they have to be removed. Also, do i nedd to remove the oil pan. i have the engine mounts removed.


It's better to have it and not need it, then it is to need it and not have it. "Woodrow F. Call"
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,002
The two pegs shouldn't have to be removed. I've pulled the 292 out of my 63 C20 a few times without removing pegs or oil pan.

Has the truck been a runner till now?

Is it not wanting move away from the bell housing?

Larry


I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 446
Every engine I have pulled the dowel pins or pegs are guides. Sometimes it takes a little persuasion to seperate the engine from the bell housing.

The last engine I pulled, a 350, I gently used a crow bar. The problem in this case was one side wanted to come off easy putting the engine and bell housing in a bind. I reinstalled a couple of the bolts to bring the whole assy. back together and then made sure both sides came back apart equally.

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 100
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 100
mine seems to be doing that, i will try installing the bolts again and remove quickly and evenly.

thanks


It's better to have it and not need it, then it is to need it and not have it. "Woodrow F. Call"
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 841
iron clad has some good advice. prob the clutch and the tranny sprine is in a bind. sometimes puting one in is almost as much fun. good luck!


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0