| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,376 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 12 | 59 1/2 ton,235. I dualed out with fenton headers. I have stock manifold & stock rodch carb. Having a terrible time getting the linkage rod bent to go up through headers to carb. Does anyone mgf one or am I just holding my mouth wrong. Ive seen linkage for dual carb but not single. New to this. Need help (obviously) | | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 45 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 45 | The linkage does not go up through the manifold where the stock rod went. You have to shorten the gas pedal pushrod, or, as I did, make a new rod up. I did not want to cut up the original part. You need to move the bell crank mechanism back to the bolt hole near the rear freezeplug-then run the link to the carb up from there. Patrick's has a great kit to do that, and he helped me out when I called him about the same problem that you are having. I can imagine your frustration level...I experienced the same. Good luck! | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 12 | Thanks for the help. I will take your advice.I was about to reach my end. There is another bell crank pin about 6 inches behind the other. I guess that would be the one Id use. Again thanks for your reply. Im new to this and this was my first post.There seems to be a wealth of help out there. Thanks again... | | |
| |
| |