Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,681 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 50 | Although I don't currently have an older Chevrolet, I do share a bolt pattern. I have the 10 lug, 7.25" bolt circle set up.
Right now I have the 19.5" wheels, tires, stainless covers, etc. But would REALLY like to mount 245/75-22.5 tires and wheels on it.
Finding these wheels is something like the proverbial needle in the haystack. I even contacted Alcoa. They said they would do a special run of these if the minimum quantity was met (250 pieces... Ouch!)
Questions: 1) Where/how can I find this size wheel? 2) If someone had a good set of steel 22.5's and wanted 19.5's, maybe something could be worked out?
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Here's some info on the wheels you're looking for http://www.stovebolt.com/techtips/wheels/Commonly (or uncommonly as it may be) found on 56-59 Chevy 1.5 ton trucks. Do note that these wheels are only 5.25" wide, and although I've had no problems mounting 9R22.5 tires on them it's not recommended by the tire manufacturer, I really should have a 6" minimum rim width. I seriously doubt you'll be be able to mount a 245/75 tire that requires a minimum 6.75" wheel on a wheel that's only 5.25". There are other options out there, having some new centers/bolt pattern plates welded in ordinary 22.5" wheels has been done and is functional, although looks a little odd. You can investigate using ordinary 20" wheel dishes on new 22.5" rims, the diameter works out, but back spacing may be the problem, although if you need wider wheels any how it may work, worth measuring and checking, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The cast iron Dayton wheel adapters which are even harder to find could be an option, then run 7.5" Dayton wheels, or 6.75" if you can find them. What vehicle do you want them for, got any pictures? Grigg | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 1,276 | Yes what is this truck that shares the same bolt pattern??? It may not be an early Chevy or GMC but knowing what others are out there with the same could be valuable info in it's self.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 50 | It is a P30 chassis. I got most of my useful info for wheels on this site, so decided to become a member. Light weight is a major deal for us. We change out tires from the duals to flotation single tires when we reach the sand. I found 235/80r225 tires that are 88 Lbs. each (that is only 11 Lb more than the 245/70r19.5 tires on there now), but the rims are the hang up. I checked with WHEELS NOW and got this email: 22.5x6.75 10-7.25 Wheel, dual offset Price $378.84 each. Lead time 2-3 weeks. Mike Skoropat | Sales Manager Email: [email protected] It is the right wheel, but the price? Ouch! | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Even if you find the original 56-59 Chevy 22.5 wheels you more than likely can't run the tires you want without first having the rims swapped for wider ones.
On the quote from wheelsnow, I'm curious how they'd make them, what parts would they use, and how would it look? So far I haven't seen a 22.5" wheel center with 10 on 7.25" pattern that looks right (other than the real thing). Any other wheel center adapted to that bolt pattern is to large on the flat surface in the center and looks odd.
That price is expensive, but if it's a good looking and professionally made "new" wheel it's probably a reasonable price. On a different yet similar matter I've gotten a quote from Mike for some Dayton rims, and was happy with the price, just haven't found the money yet...
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 50 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 50 | Looks are an issue, but not a big one. Weight is the primary issue, and for that, have actually considered adapters (I do NOT like the idea of adapters) so that I can use run-of-the-mill 45 Lb Alcoa rims.
If I could find a steel rim that was reasonably priced ($378 seems more than a little steep), I would use those. I am not in a hurry and this is not a burning issue, just looking for options.
| | |
| |