The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (MickeyP, 2-Ton, 1955 1 Series), 122 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,624
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 45
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 45
I have some 1948 truck Chevy truck doors. Can anyone advise me if they will fit the opening up through the 55 1st series? Please respond directly to my email at [email protected] Thanks.


Ken in NY
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I know it fits up through 53. Except there are variations in the door handles & vent wings.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
They will fit the openings through the '55 1st. The latch and striker change in '52 creates some challenges but people overcome them.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

I hope you guys also sent your responses directly to the poster's email address.

Thanks for also posting your responses here.

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
most likely he will continue getting emails, until he comes back to the page and says thanks for the information. Otherwise no-one but the sender knows he got the information.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
Originally Posted by tclederman
I hope you guys also sent your responses directly to the poster's email address.

Thanks for also posting your responses here.
I know I'm bad but I don't like to email responses directly to someone so I almost never do it and did not this time.

For the record I also don't like getting PMs asking truck questions that are not personal in nature.

Building the public documentation is important and if someone really wants an answer they will come back.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I hope no one emails him. This board is for sharing info. I thought it was pretty forward of him to word his request that way.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Amen, Cletis

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 45
K
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 45
Sorry about my "Bold" request. Fact is, that everytime I try to access this board and post, my password is not accepted. I know I am using the correct password. As a result I am constantly needing to have a temporary password sent. I would re-register, but prefer not to go through the newby treatment all over again. Thanks for those that did respond to my original request. It was very helpful.


Ken in NY
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,989
Ken,

You should be able to contact the tech gurus here and get your password situation straightened out. Not sure right at the moment of the email address, but I'm sure someone will have it.

Good luck!


Rich
1947 Loadmaster
1947 Chev. Loadmaster
1959 Chev. Viking 40

Life is short--eat dessert first!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0