The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, 3800GUY, Shade Baby, TooMany2count, Bluesky54), 131 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
Good afternoon gentleman. Can you identify this carb? I need a throttle cable holder for it and I am not sure what model it is. It has a "B" on the body, with MOD 10-412
it also has 102-105 on the other side.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45902442@N05/4317373196/ Flicker Photo Page

Last edited by 53John3100; 01/31/2010 5:51 AM. Reason: addt'l info
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Wow, that is a pretty pristine looking engine. I would be reluctant to run it and get it all dirty!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
Thanks, NO, NO.. I really want to drive it! You should have seen it before, so now it is super clean according to what it used to look like. Thanks for the kind comments! I bought a model 48 radio off of Ebay and it looks just one of those you have there, appearently it is a Canadian GM model. I am looking into getting it working again. Hopefully I will be driving it this summer if all goes well.

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,766
C
Carburetion specialist
Carburetion specialist
C Offline
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,766
Rayfield model N.

This carburetor was sold as a price leader under a number of different names including Johnson and Marvel-Schebler through the various discount mail order auto parts stores. Borg-Warner had purchased several of the lesser carburetor companies, and marketed products through each companies previous avenues.

Good luck on finding any parts. If you really must use this unit, would suggest fabricating what you require. However, if you wish to look, there is probably an identification number STAMPED on the airhorn in the format 10-nnnn where nnnn is a four digit number. While the design is Rayfield, the numbering will be Marvel-Schebler.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
Thank you very much Ray!

Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 164
woops, I mean Jon... I had Rayfield on the brain, sorry.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 45
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 45
John, I have some different cable holders that came off of Stromberg carbs that might be modified to work for your throttle holder. If that would be of any help. (??)

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
53John,
I just noticed your comment about the radio. If you let me know the model number, I probably have the manual including installation instructions. The Canadian radios had a dual output stage that produced twice the output power of the normal AD radio.

Fred


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
So that's the reason for the extra tube socket hole in the chassis of the two straight back radios I did a while back.
Verrry interesting!
DG


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0