The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, Bill Hanlon, 53&Me, Gdads51, Ridgeback, Ole49GMC, 1 invisible), 120 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,137
Posts1,056,437
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#612176 01/22/2010 12:13 AM
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 19
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 19
I would like to replace the door rubber and the rear window rubber on my '61. The rear window is broken and the doors are missing the door side rubber. I notice quite a difference in price between LMC and Steel Rubber so are their products twice as good?
Thanks for any suggestions!

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
I cannot vouch for steal rubber, but did use LMC. Replaced rear window, windshield and all door rubber. Door rubber was the only rubber I wished I had done more research with prior to buying. Local glass guy made some recommendations and had opinion on the door rubber specific to quality, fit and installation method (glue). I was able to use some rubber he had that was more robust, fit better and had a metal pinch piece that eliminated the need to glue. I believe I will also be able to remove the door rubber if I need to (for paint) and reinstall. The glue-in method required for the LMC rubber would not allow that. Windshield and rear window rubber - no problem.
HB


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 19
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 19
Thanks, I'll check and see what method SR uses for attaching. I am quite a way from painting but it would be nice to not to have to buy it twice. Appreciate the feedback!


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0