| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 210 | How hard and how much time will take to remove the upper and lower section of a 41-46 Front Grill? The chrome is flaking and I want to have it blasted and painted. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2000 Posts: 784 | Well lets see, you have to take the hood of first. Then the baffel plate between the radiator and the grill. The upper and lower grills are bolted together. You can take them off both together or separately. I would try to remove them together. There's a bunch of bolts and screws aroung the perimiter of the grill(s) that attach it to the fenders and the lower valance between the bumper mounts It's not too hard to do, just kind of a pain in the butt. It will thke several hours to a day depending on how bad the screws/bolts are rusted. Good luck George
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | I just took mine out and it wasn't to bad, I was lucky, most of the bolts broke, if you have the correct tools it shouldn't take more than a couple hours. Just be prepared to cut them off if they won't come off if stripped, a small die grinder worked good for me, I used a hacksaw also. I took mine in 2 pieces and it went fine. Dave 1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 38 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 38 | I will need to do the same soon too.
| | |
| |
| |