The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, 37 GC, 1 invisible), 73 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,112
Posts1,056,577
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
The Rochester 2G carburetor on my 1966 283 needs to be replaced. I have located a NOS 2G for a 1967 283 truck engine, but I want make sure it is the same as a 1966.

Is the 1967 the same as 1966?


Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 69
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 69
The only real difference I can think of would be the choke. I'm sure your truck has a manual choke, the 67' may be automatic. Even then, you should be able to use the choke linkage from yours. Best of luck.


TruckNut

Be kind, courteous, cheerful and helpful - And someone will take advantage of you.

"Quiting smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times." Mark Twain
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 313
I found out that my carburetor is OK, and I will not need to replace it.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 69
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 69
Even better.


TruckNut

Be kind, courteous, cheerful and helpful - And someone will take advantage of you.

"Quiting smoking is easy, I've done it hundreds of times." Mark Twain

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0