The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (1955 1 Series, Ole49GMC, Otto Skorzeny, DaveV), 95 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,294
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#608538 01/09/2010 7:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 34
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 34
put a saginaw four speed in my '50, anyone know a company that sells a shifter for this application?

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
Hurst makes them. I don't have the part number for the install kit, but it's used on a regular competition plus with a truck style shifter.

The kit looks like this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...%20and%20differential/Mockedupandfit.jpg

and it will clear a bench set, like this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v228/Avette4me/My%2058/Driversside.jpg

Last edited by Avette4me; 01/09/2010 8:40 PM.
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 90
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 90
Patrick's Antique Autos has a Hurst model specifically for the '48-'54 application, it places the shifter further forward in the same location as the stock 4 speed, no cutting or fabricating, he even has a floor pan and boot.

Ray

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
I bought the Hurst Indy shifter for mine & it was a piece of excretion. I sent it back & put in a T-5.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,733
"it was a piece of excretion. I sent it back"

hmmm, I'm curious as to how you wrapped it. Oh...I know!-with shift paper! Right?


sorry, just couldn't resist.


1953 Chevy 5-window 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Picturetrail

Dave
Engine & Driveline Moderator

If you can't make seventy by an easy road, don't go. ~~ Mark Twain
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 48
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 48
you can buy a hurst competition plus and then call buffalo enterprises he can make brackets for you so it can be mounted in the same place as the patricks shifter,, thats the way i would go, I just cancelled my patricks open driveline shifter been waiting for 7 weeks, i have no idea how some of these companies do buissness,, you call MR langdon and you get the stuff the next week .. I will never order another thing from PATRICKS yea he seems like a great guy but obviously carries little inventory... CALL BUFFALO ENTERPRISES !!!!!

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 549
Originally Posted by Wrenchbender Ret.
I bought the Hurst Indy shifter for mine & it was a piece of excretion. I sent it back & put in a T-5.

The T5 was probably a good swap.

I've had a couple of Hurst shifters that have been excellent. However, I suppose anyone makes a shet pile once in a while. It's mostly what they do in that case that can seperate them IMO.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0