The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, baldeagle, 52Carl), 84 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,714
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
Just replaced the rear with a 12 bolt from a Firebird. It is hanging in the springs with the new mounting brackets welded on but no shocks yet. the springs sure seam to have a lot of lateral movement. Do I need to install a panhard bar to make it solid?

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
The original rear end had pivots on the rear springs. You have to get the pinion angle correct & weld them solid.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
I did that and the rear end is bolted solidly to the springs. The problem is that thentire unit springs and housing move side to side.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Y
'Bolter
'Bolter
Y Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 649
Original/stock springs? Have you checked the spring bushings? If they're worn out that will allow some movement. I would replace "all" bushings.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 12
Thanks Wrench. I guess I should replace the bushings. I was just curious whether there was anything I was missing.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0