The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Nick in Manitou, Cletus1950, HandyAndy), 105 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 166
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 166
Hi,
I have a 51 Truck, but my father-in-law is working on his truck. I believe that it is a 1930 1.5 Ton truck. I can find out further if it is important. He is looking for the lower radiatior surround panel. The one that has the hole for the engine crank. Can anybody tell me who might have parts for these trucks? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Todd Maxwell

Last edited by Todd M; 12/29/2009 3:51 AM.
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 166
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 166
Anybody have any idea where to find parts for a big bolt?

Last edited by Todd M; 01/08/2010 2:56 AM.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,225
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,225
Todd,

There aren't any "stores" for the old Big Bolt parts. If the part needed isn't shared with the 1/2 ton trucks it's a good bet that it's not being reproduced. The exception to this is machanical stuff like gaskets, seals and bearings, which can still be found new.

Place a "want add" here in the Sovebolt "Swap Meet", read Hemmings and check eBay is my best advise...

Happy Hunting!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 166
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 166
Mike,

Thanks, Sometimes there is the little guy with a small collection of parts and you have to know someone who knows who he is. I didn't know if there was such a person for these trucks. I am sure it must be a challenge. I bought a 1951 1/2 ton for my project because I knew the parts would be easier to come by. The unique trucks are worth saving as well though.

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 33
B
Apprentice
Apprentice
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 33
Todd,
There is a couple in Colorado who ran around the country years ago and bought N.O.S. parts from dealerships. I am building another '33 and they have no body parts for that year, but they have lots of parts from other years in the early '30s. His name is Don Rossi and his number is 303-690-5180. He is a great guy and knows what he has and sends it out promptly.

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 171
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 171
Bow Tie Reproduction has that panel ,I sent them the example the copied 29-30, 31-32 is different, BILL

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 166
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 166
Thanks guys, I will forward the information. Both sound like good leads. I love this site.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0