The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (klhansen, Nick in Manitou, TooMany2count), 322 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,140
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 40
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 40
Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to this site, made one post this summer about my trucks brakes,untill just recently. I'm a starter, alternator, generator techincian, and some magnetos. If anyone needs technical or parts feel free to message me and I'll see what I can do. I work for a company called Sargents Auto Electric, mostly in the shop but I do parts and tech and trouble shooting on anything pre 1980 or so. Lots of 12v alternator/gen conversion instruction. and I have several projects but for GM products I have 5 trucks, '49gm 1t, '50chev 1t, '66chev 1/2t, '70chev 3/4t, '76chev 1/2t, the 1950 isn't rinning yet. I have some fords too. If anyone needs technical or electrical parts feel free to message me anytime and I'll see what I can do.

Last edited by captaintractor; 01/06/2010 1:28 AM.
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Thanks for your offereing your help. I think we can keep you busy!


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
captaintractor,
what is the GVW on your 1 Ton? I see that you have overload springs. My 1 Ton has a wimpy 5700 lb GVW.

Fred


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 40
C
Apprentice
Apprentice
C Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 40
I think its stamped 6300lbs and hops over bumps and holes but I can haul a yard of gravel with no problems. It was common up here to haul 90 bushels of wheat @60Lbs/bush on a 1Ton, the Chev I just got is in nicer condition body wise but has a grain box.

Last edited by captaintractor; 01/06/2010 2:36 AM.
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Howdy cap'n I just may take you up on your offer. One of my next steps is the wiring harness. My starter and gen have been overhauled but I need to hook up a ballast resistor thingy somewhere from the coil. Thanks for the kind offer.

Leo

Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 738
Welcome to Stovebolt! Glad to have you here. wave

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 688
Welcome aboard there.......... Great to have ya!

Cliff59


Deluxe \'52, Savoy \'54 Apache59
"She may not be the youngest girl at the ball, but she can still turn a head or two."

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0