| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Forty9),
134
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,132 Posts1,056,385 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#60728 05/22/2006 7:27 AM | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | What is the consensus for a dual exhaust setup on a stovebolt street machine? That is... what size pipes to use? Is it necessary to run x pipes to equalize? I was planning on using 2 1/2 inch pipes... same as the headers, but I am leaning towards 2 inch pipes now.
Aplication will be a 302 in a 1940 gmc.
I am also interested in how a setup should look... staight out the back, before the rear wheels, after the rear wheels, etc.
Any tips and links would be appreciated. | | |
#60729 05/22/2006 1:01 PM | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | | | |
#60730 05/22/2006 1:25 PM | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 4,095 | i am running 2 inch and i was told that is the largest i should run because you need some back pressure. ron
Ron, The Computer Greek I love therefore I am.1954 3100 Chevy truckIn the Gallery 2017 Buick Encore See more pix1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
| | |
#60731 05/22/2006 2:11 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | I agree. 2-2 1/4 would be plenty large enough. The exit area is your own taste. I like em coming out the rear with crome tips. If it is a panel you should exit out the sides. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#60732 05/22/2006 5:14 PM | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 | It depends on the engine- I've got a 261 in mine and am running 2" from the Fentons til they 'y' together and a straight 2 1/2 from there back.
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
| | |
#60733 05/24/2006 11:52 PM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 | I am running a 302 (ford) in my 46 and have 2" pipes straight back. exhuast
1946 Chevy Pickip
| | |
#60734 05/25/2006 12:10 AM | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 1,897 | Zipper
My 302 is a gmc 6 banger. Cool pic! I'm sure it has a nice exhaust note with those glass packs. | | |
#60735 05/26/2006 12:03 AM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 161 | thanks bigbad.
I am going to just weld on some ss 2" straight tips so the exhaust comes straight out the back directly under the bumper.
It sounds really nice with glasspacks...not too loud but if you really get on it they bark pretty good.
1946 Chevy Pickip
| | |
#60736 05/26/2006 2:35 PM | Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2005 Posts: 2,031 | I'm w/ NM I have the same set up on a 292 off a set of langdons 3+3. 2 ~ 2'' to a single muff and 2-1/4'' out
Jim & Caroline The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense." Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
| | |
| |
| |