The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, TUTS 59, dt235sd, 1 invisible), 146 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
Bolters, My wife bought me a '29 Chevy truck for christmas. It looks like i'll be poking my head and asking a few questions in the future.

Jeremy


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Z
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
Z
and the pictures are where????????
You know that ya have to show off those Christmas gifts...Joe

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
ZooKeeper, I only have two pics so far. More will be coming later. 1929 1 1/2 ton


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,727
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,727
Jeremy,

Good catch! (both the wife and the truck smile ) Is she trying to get you out of the house much of next year?? Bring on the questions -- we have a few guys around here who are knowledgeable in that era. The rest of us can make up some pretty believable BS, too.

Regards,
John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Z
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
Z
Originally Posted by 1937ChevyPU
ZooKeeper, I only have two pics so far. More will be coming later. 1929 1 1/2 ton

Two's better then none thumbs_up
and I see the truck has A/C also dang not me ...Joe

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
John, I'm a pretty lucky guy... She likes to work with vehicles as much as I do... Although, some times her and the kids get in the way..LOL I hope she don't read this. May need to delete the History... smile smile smile smile I'm sure i'll be back asking alot of questions...


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
How much money can you spare so we don't tell her, because you know we're going to talk!!!!LOL


1953 Chevy Two-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Be careful calling yourself a expert,because an "EX" is a hasbeen and a"SPERT" is a drip under pressure.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
Papaj, I'll have to wait until she gets paid!! I'll use her money.. Send me your account info..:)

Jeremy


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
I finally got the truck home last night and identified it as a 1933 Vin 6OD05.


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 684
3
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
3 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 684
That looks like a wonderful foundation for a great project.


Life is like a roll of toilet paper, the nearer the end the faster it goes.




1949 Chevy 6400
1931 Chevy Firetruck



Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 584
Wow, best Christmas present that I've heard of so far this year!


When I yield to Him, it's amazing how peaceful and enjoyable life is meant to be.

1947 Chevy COE
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More photos
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
I updated the pics in the album. I also include a video of it running.

Jeremy


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Jeremy,

Thanks for sharing the pic's and video. It looks like the start to a great project.

Good save!

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,831
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,831
If that's the original engine, I might have some parts for it. Drop me a PM.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
It's amazing it runs! That alone makes it a great start


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 400
I think I heard it all the way down here.Nice start to your project,I also have some gauges if needed,let me know.


Jeff


1953 Chevy Two-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

Be careful calling yourself a expert,because an "EX" is a hasbeen and a"SPERT" is a drip under pressure.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
1
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
1 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 45
PapaJ, PM Sent


http://s925.photobucket.com/home/jeremy5756/allalbums


The only dumb question... is the question you didn't ask...- Unknown

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0