The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (2-Ton, cmayna, 1955 1 Series, tclederman), 85 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60441 05/14/2006 3:42 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
I want to find out what my 4-speed tranny might have come out of...is there a way to tell how many grooves are on the spline without pulling tranny? I have checked over at Inliners but they don't list it.

casting number is 3935656...there are some other cast numbers too: on a raised stamp is 8054...next to that is an unusual letter combo that looks like an N and F together followed by 01

any help is appreciated!


Blue 50

1950 3100 w/57 235
Patrick’s Saginaw 4 speed and 3:55 rear end
#60442 05/16/2006 12:14 AM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
I know it was the weekend...so I thought I would bump this up again to see if anyone can help!

Thanks,


Blue 50

1950 3100 w/57 235
Patrick’s Saginaw 4 speed and 3:55 rear end
#60443 05/16/2006 4:15 PM
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 627
I'll bet Patrick's could tell you from the number.


Mike Barnes
1950 GMC 1-ton pickup
#60444 05/16/2006 9:35 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 322
Mike,
your probally right...he must have seen hundreds of them!


Blue 50

1950 3100 w/57 235
Patrick’s Saginaw 4 speed and 3:55 rear end
#60445 05/19/2006 8:02 PM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 50
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 50
Blue - Out of curiosity was Patrick able to ID your tranny for you? I have the Sag 4spd 2- Ring tranny he recommends but after many e-net searches and trips to the bookstore I've never been able to positivly ID my transmission. About all I know is it's GM. One clue I did read was that the lower first gear trannys were used on 6's and the higher ones were used on V-8's. Bug


1951 Chevrolet 3100 AD Pickup

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0