The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (TooMany2count), 119 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,135
Posts1,056,423
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 39
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 39
Gas tank has just been cleaned,from old varnished,under a dollar a gallon gas.Got a new sending unit,before I hook it all up,how do I check the line to the fuel pump(engine is a 250 6cyl 70's Olds)for gunk?If I need to use compressed air is it sufficient?Can the lines be taken off and cleaned or dipped in a "hot tank"?I have a 53 3600 I'm using for parts,hard lines included,with slightly rusted innards.Thanks again as always.I learn something new & fun on this site everyday! thumbs_up


Joseph&Amy in East Oregon. "There's no such thing as a normal life.There's just life.".. Doc Holliday in Tombstone
[IMG]http://photobucket.com/our513100pickup
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Hard lines are cheap, replace 'em.


Bill Burmeister
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,223
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 5,223
Yep, replace them now and you won't have to do it on the side of the road later!

Joe

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
You might consider a fuel pump prefilter too (between tank and pump) along with carb fuel filter.


Drew

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0