| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Rusty Rod),
80
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#60182 05/08/2006 3:22 AM | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 16 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 16 | My new 45 1.5 ton has a 3 speed gear box about 3' behind the transmission. I think it says spicer on it looks like it was added later. I belive it started life as an army truck. Havent had time yet to figure out the ratios yet but i will, are these common ? Any chance it's an under , over, and a straight through? | | |
#60183 05/08/2006 4:19 AM | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy boom construct, what you have is an auxilliary transmission, could be a two or three speed. They were common in bigger trucks, see if you can locate an I.D. plate and give us the numbers, hope that helps. | | |
#60184 05/08/2006 11:33 PM | Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 469 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2005 Posts: 469 | I installed one in a 46 1.5 ton and it works like a Hank. The one I'm useing is a three speed under straight through and over. Top speed in under is about 30 mph I have' nt had the nerve to go to the max in over probly some where around 80 or 90. I think this would be a good fix for most people wanting overdrive instead of useing the light weight I want'a break alum. car trannys. | | |
#60185 05/09/2006 2:33 AM | Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 16 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Mar 2006 Posts: 16 | Its definetly a 3 speed and I'll try and get some more info off the data plate .Theres a #3 stamped on it the rest is a little tough to read But I'll carfully clean it up and see if I can come up with a number. Thanks for the info. | | |
| |
| |