The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gray_Ghost, Chip O), 62 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,695
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 16
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 16
My new 45 1.5 ton has a 3 speed gear box about 3' behind the transmission. I think it says spicer on it looks like it was added later. I belive it started life as an army truck. Havent had time yet to figure out the ratios yet but i will, are these common ? Any chance it's an under , over, and a straight through?

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy boom
construct, what you have is an auxilliary transmission, could be a two or three speed. They were common in bigger trucks, see if you can locate an I.D. plate and give us the numbers, hope that helps.

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
I installed one in a 46 1.5 ton and it works like a Hank. The one I'm useing is a three speed under straight through and over. Top speed in under is about 30 mph I have' nt had the nerve to go to the max in over probly some where around 80 or 90. I think this would be a good fix for most people wanting overdrive instead of useing the light weight I want'a break alum. car trannys.

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 16
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 16
Its definetly a 3 speed and I'll try and get some more info off the data plate .Theres a #3 stamped on it the rest is a little tough to read But I'll carfully clean it up and see if I can come up with a number. Thanks for the info.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0