Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 22 | Hi all, my name is Wes, and I'm new to this group. I have been building/restoring other projects for years, but am enlisting here, because of a father/son project. I have a 1948 Chevy 3/4 - 5 window long bed. It isn't all original, as we have melded a few Features Section from other vehicles to ours. These are some of the things we have done.
1956 L6 motor and head, rebuilt with moderate cam Clifford intake,6=8, adapted for a Holley 500 Fenton dual exh. manifold HEI dist. external oil filter electric pusher fan key activated starter th350 auto tranny with Buffalo ent. adapter plate. Late Chevy truck diff., all wheels 5 lug. Custom made alum. fuel tank for original location with filler thru the vanity panel on passenger side. AMC Pacer ifs, with all new components, and spares for future. Pretty cool! Late steering column. shaved door handles w/ poppers (came already done on the cab) all new glass
I also have a 1970 Opel GT and a 1970 Chevelle.
Looking forward to interacting with the group, and hope you will be able to help us get this project driving again.
Wes | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | Hey Wes, glad to have you join us. Father/son projects are always good to see. With all the modifications you've made, at least you kept the old stovebolt six. It should serve you well. What do you have left to do?
Leo | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 22 | Yeh, we've been at this one awhile. I hope it's as roadworthy as we think it will be. We have body and interior still to do. Right now, it runs, rolls, steers, and stops. Looks like we'll be doing body work till spring (weekends only), then paint. I do have a problem with the kickdown cable. I can't find a cable long enough to reach from the th350, over the hump and engine, to the carb linkage. Anyone ever been through this before?
Wes | | | | | Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Mar 2003 Posts: 1 | This is a test to see if I understand how to do these things. I am also doing a 48 3/4 ton 5 window which is a strong runner and now getting to the bodywork. A couple of my trucks are on the site on the photos I think. This newest one has an enhanced 292 with turbo 350 and Fxxx 9 inch rear end, mustang front end, and a few other items. I will have to see what we did for a kickdown as this project was interupted for about 4 years and now getting back to it. Dave Shier in Colorado | | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats | | Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 | Welcome Wes,
you wont find much here for the Opel GT (I may be the only other bolter with a GT), however you will find all you need for your truck.
Scott
The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | Hey Wes.... Welcome, and where do you live? Lots of Texas Bolters here! several of us in the DFW area but many others throughout the Lone Star State!  Cliff59 | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 22 | I'm in Sugar Land, near Houston. I went thru the same experience with the Opel GT. Most of the heavy hitters were in the Dallas area. Is there a Texas Stovebolt club in Texas? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2005 Posts: 688 | Not a local stovebolt club ....but we do get together from time to time. There are several Bolters in the Houston area, and you never know we just might have to have a Texas Bolters con-clave mid state!
Cliff59
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | Welcome Wes,
you wont find much here for the Opel GT (I may be the only other bolter with a GT)Scott Wes welcome to the 'bolt. I wondered how long it would take Scott to notice the Opel! You will however,find plenty of info regarding your truck! 1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats | | Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats Joined: Aug 2007 Posts: 1,859 | FWIW
I just got my Supercharger today for the Opel project
Scott
The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 104 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 104 | Welcome to the 'bolt, Wes. Like a few others have said, there are plenty of Texas members. I'm from Pearland. I guarantee, if you have any questions, someone here will have the answers. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 22 | Come on Scott, show me the Northstar project | | |
| |