The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (59 fleet, tclederman, IHPWR, Ponchogl), 116 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#599428 12/08/2009 9:05 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 122
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 122
I've purchased a restored stock radio for my 59 chevy 1/2 ton. I also picked up an original speaker and cover from the local yard. I was able to clip the speaker wires in the yard so I have about 5 " remaining. The ends of the speaker wires are a round plug type. My question is does anyone make these connections? Is this wire still available? I purchased a complete wiring harness from YNZ but it did not include the radio wires or speaker wires.
The wires coming from the radio seem to be okay and have typical connections. I have the wiring diagram so I think I can get that connected.
Also I am looking for the radio support bracket under the dash for installing the radio. I have posted in parts wanted with no luck.
Thanks again
Brian M

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
if you have something like Radio Shack within reach they may have the connectors, but they can be removed from the old wire pieces and soldered on new wire - for the wire, anything about the same size will do .... for the support, not a complex piece, you can fab one up from these dimensions

also the radio service booklet is here if ya wanna copy it down

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot

Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0