| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,675 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#59262 04/16/2006 4:05 PM | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 2 | Hello,
I got a 51 1/2ton cab and frame with the original 216. I just bought a 235 out of a 61 impala but it has side mounts and also has the powerglide tranny, I dont want to have to change out my rearend yet so I'd like to keep my 3 on the tree. What I need to know is if anyone knows for sure if the flywheel on the 216 will fit on my 235 and will the front motor mount on the 216 bolt onto the 235 so I can mount it in the truck.
Thanks, Dave | | |
#59263 04/17/2006 12:47 AM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 170 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 170 | The '41-'54 flywheel bolt pattern will bolt right up to the 235 crank flange. That's the flywheel I used when I put a '55 235 in my '40. I'm not familiar with the side type front motor mounts.
Steve | | |
#59264 04/17/2006 1:08 AM | Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 2 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Apr 2006 Posts: 2 | Thanks Steve, I dont know if you noticed but thats the motor and trans you posted! | | |
#59265 04/17/2006 3:59 AM | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | The front mount plate should bolt right on too but it's not as easy as it sounds. You have to pull the valve cover and rockers to remove the lifters, pull the oil pan to remove the timing gear cover so you can pull the cam to replace the plate.  Nothin' to it. Before you go back together you might as well do The old timing cover trick. | | |
#59266 04/17/2006 4:56 AM | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 33 Member | | Member Joined: May 2005 Posts: 33 | I just went out & double checked my motors. I have two '62 & one '60 235 sitting in my garage & they all have the front plate. I personally pulled these motors w/low mileage from the cars. Well, except for one '62 which is still in my Belair. Yours should also have the plate. All you have to do is drill the mounting holes in the plate. I guess Chevy kept putting the plates on so they didn't have to redesign parts, but didn't drill holes to save costs. You also want the 216 flywheel to keep your 6v starter. They have different tooth counts. Scott
Life is good. Keep on playing.
| | |
#59267 04/17/2006 12:27 PM | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 170 Member | | Member Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 170 | Dave,
I thought it sounded familiar. I hope it works out well for you. Steve | | |
| |
| |