The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (TUTS 59, 1 invisible), 89 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 6
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 6
I'm just about to complete a front disc brake conversion on my 53 chev to go to a 5 on 4 3/4 bolt pattern. I would prefer to keep the stock hub caps. Does anyone know of a manufacturer, or another chevy car that I can get rims for the front from? Can the truck hubcaps cross over to 15" car rims from the 50's onwards? I'm running the stock 6 on 5 1/2 in the rear and could also use a new set of rims for that since my current rims are non-original and non-matching.

Cheers!
Marcus

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 97
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 97
wheel vintigues and others like stockton wheel can fix you up with about any thing but there if you want to pay the price .


Never take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the time.[/i]

1955 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 27
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 27
I just got mine in today from

http://www.rallyamerica.com/

I provided the measurements and they fabricated what I needed- reasonable cost, too.


Bluesharp- If you don't blow you suck....


'50 Chevy 3600 "Ernest"
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,031
70's jeep 6 luggers


Jim & Caroline
The highway is for gamblers, better use your good sense."
Gooday-that's my 1¢ answer due to the lousy economy ~ cause I ain't got - no . mo . doe

Every Shaver | Now Can Snore | Six More Minutes | Than Before ... | Half A Pound for Half a Dollar | Spread On Thin | Above the Collar || BURMA-SHAVE
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,098
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,098
I tried to use the 49-52 passenger car wheels on my 56 when I did the disc conversion. They have a similar center section with clips like the truck but would not work. I subsequently purchased some after market wheels from Wheelsmith in Santa Ana, CA. They are dual pattern (4 3/4 & 4 1/2)commonly refered to as smoothies. They have a center that is similar to a rally wheel. He also took my stock caps and cut off the part that presses into the wheel and replaced it with a smaller ring. They have been on the truck for about 8 years.
Fred


1956 3100 Pickup/Red/350/3sp OD/PS/Disc Brakes
1957 Bel Air Sport Coupe/Red/355/TH350/PS/Disc Brakes
2017 Silverado LT Single Cab SB/Black/5.3/6 Speed Trans
1947 Willys CJ2A w/F-Head engine
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 22
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 22
chevy s10 older monte carlo 80 model regals and cutlas had the same bolt pattern even corvettes used it

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 6
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 6
Thanks Guys. Another supplier I found is Early Wheel, www.earlywheel.com, based out of California.
Cheers!
Marcus

Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 12
When you did the disc brake swap did you go from a 6 lug to the 5 lug? I would like to do that but I thought you had to get different hubs and or whatever else...Can I just get a 5 lug kit and bolt it right up?

Thanks,
Mike


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0