The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (KEVINSKI, DadsFirstPickup, Hanks custodian, Ponchogl), 198 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,230
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#591716 11/11/2009 9:56 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
I am in the process of documenting the bell housings we all talk about (http://s985.photobucket.com/albums/ae337/csparkhurst/Bell%20Housings%20Catalog/.)
I specifically need pictures of bell housing part numbers 3738373, 3742257, 3765710, 3836315, and 3836741.
I'll take anything I can find, but would prefer pictures of all six sides and the casting number. In or out of the vehicle.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy Chip1951, could you tell us what those part numbers were used in, in my experience part numbers and casting numbers are not very often the same, thanks.

3B #591920 11/12/2009 6:25 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 25
The numbers I have obtained are based on early Corvette useage (the reference chart accompaning the catalog pictures.) It was the only reference material I was able to locate to date.
It is the casting number by which I am identifing parts.

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 506
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 506
Chip,

Are you saying that the 5 bell housing numbers you listed above are for the 53-55 Corvette, 235 engine.

Also, are they casting numbers or part numbers.


-Tom

1950 Chevy 3100 w/ 1956 235
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
Chip I went to the books last night and here is what I found:
Master Parts Catalog 1929-1953 6-cylinder models Section 0.683
Housing, Clutch and flywheel
40-48 All Pass Casting #839181 part #604361
48-53 All Comm/utility Casting #3835201 part #3847679
49-53 All Pass(ex PG) Castin #3688001 Part #3691993

Chev/GMC Truck Parts catalog #452 Chassis/Commercial Bodies
Section 0.683 Housing Assembly, clutch
41-47 All 3847361
48-53&54 1st 3847679

None of my books referenced the numbers you have listed above. If you continue to look the section number and definition of what they are called may help.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0