The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (55shaker, MickeyP, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, Ridgeback, Gray_Ghost, 32Fordpuchoptop, Charles in CA, elhippie64), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,302
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 49
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 49
I just purchased a Set of Fenton Headers for my 3100 Pickup project. I have now decided to get a two Single barrel Fenton intake for it. The original Rochester Carb worked good ,so I was thinking to buy another just like it. However , I am after input, if there is a better choice for Carbs.
Thanks for your help
JB

Last edited by jbaker; 11/11/2009 5:35 PM.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 4,095
i have fentons on my 54 with two rochesters and work fine for me. around town with 2.7. rear end i only get 12-13 mpg but on a trip to Kansas city, 1400 miles round trip, i averaged 20.5 and a high of 23.5. BTW i have a t-5 overdrive trans.


Ron, The Computer Greek
I love therefore I am.
1954 3100 Chevy truck
In the Gallery
2017 Buick Encore
See more pix
1960 MGA Roadster Sold 7/18/2017
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 115
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 115
The Rochesters are easy to work on, easy to get and can be had reasonably, That is the way I would go.


Brian D
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 45
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 45
This is an interesting subject. How does the performance gain compare with (if any) increase of fuel consumption. I have dual exhausts with Fentons, and the stock intake with a Rochester carb. I am very satisfied with the way the truck runs. Acceleration is excellent. Would a dual carb set-up really add that much benefit, or is the main attraction the fact that it just looks so neat?

Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 49
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 49
I have heard that you might get a 10% increase in Fuel Milage and horse power,[fenton Adv. I believe} however to be honest I wanted to do it because I think it looks good.
thanks for the input, I will stay with the Rochester carbs.
John B.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

I have used original single-barrel Rochesters (matched 261 carbs) on a 261 engine and it ran as well or better than the dual two-barrel Carter-Weber carburetors I am now running.

The only way to really know what set-up is more fuel efficient is to run a test.

The only way to know what extra power might result from two carbs is to measure the hp.

I think that I have noticeably more power with two carbs. I have as good or better fuel economy with two carbs. I think that two carbs looks good (and, I think that two original Rochesters with original air cleaners looks the most interesting).

Tim


Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 49
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 49
Thanks,
I like the original air cleaner idea. I will be looking for another of those.
JB


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0