| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 48 | I got to buy the complete instrument panel, dash wiring, and ignition switch from a 1958 3800 for $50.
Everything from the 58 appears intact and unmolested, the wiring in my 57 3600 is trashed.
I know the headlamp wires are different, but I am not changing those. This ignition switch is on on-off, no start switch, I think it was still a button on the floor.
The 58 still had a generator, my 57 has a working alternator, about the only wiring that works.
I need to combine them so I can finally drive the truck. 1957 Chevy 3600At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 3,887 | yes, the under dash harness is the same both years - 6's all had the off/on switch, V8's only had off/on/start
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 48 | Nearly done, original off-on switch and a starter button. Gauges work, headlamps too.
Now I just have to get turn signals, heater, wiper. 1957 Chevy 3600At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed! | | |
| |
| |