The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jon G, Guitplayer, Wally / Montana), 123 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,269
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 48
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 48
I got to buy the complete instrument panel, dash wiring, and ignition switch from a 1958 3800 for $50.

Everything from the 58 appears intact and unmolested, the wiring in my 57 3600 is trashed.

I know the headlamp wires are different, but I am not changing those.
This ignition switch is on on-off, no start switch, I think it was still a button on the floor.

The 58 still had a generator, my 57 has a working alternator, about the only wiring that works.

I need to combine them so I can finally drive the truck.


1957 Chevy 3600

At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
yes, the under dash harness is the same both years - 6's all had the off/on switch, V8's only had off/on/start

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 48
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 48
Nearly done, original off-on switch and a starter button.
Gauges work, headlamps too.

Now I just have to get turn signals, heater, wiper.


1957 Chevy 3600

At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0