| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
162
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,441 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 208 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 208 | I'm collecting parts to do a complete replacement / upgrade to my brakes.
I already have most parts, but have been saving my pennies for the power master cyl conversion kit.
I have a 58 3200 & it is bone stock. I want the added safety & margin for error power brakes give me.
The problem is I see the kits anywhere from $200 to $550 & can't see a difference in them.
Can anyone tell me what to look out for?
I know I want a bolt in kit & I know I need the check valve for the vacuum, but other than that what trouble can I get into?
Drum/drum by the way & I plan to replace all hard lines & already own the new hoses. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 3,750 | I'm not sure why the prices vary so wildly,but these guys seem to be fairly priced Pirate Jacks Just be sure whichever one you order you mention it has drum/drum. As far as difference between vendors/prices I think most of the parts come from similar suppliers.... I used Master Power Brakes and I'm more than happy with the quality.Installation was a snap too. It's up to you......
Last edited by jockbolter50; 10/13/2009 7:26 AM.
1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in ScotlandIn the Stovebolt GalleryMore pix on Flickr. I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall | | Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 14,522 | Pirate Jack is just up the road from me....about 65 miles. I have called before and was amazed at how much the lady,Tammie Earwood, knew about my situation. Their prices are good and I think you get a little more for your money. Especially if you buy the "kits". I'm planning to drive up there in the near future and look at them face to face. As I understand it the guy who runs it started it in 2005 and is very experienced in this sort of work. I plan to buy the complete booster/master cyl/bracket deal for my panel. If I remember correctly it all came to about $200. Anyone that would like to call them the number is 866-601-4455 and their email address is www.Piratejack.net
Last edited by Achipmunk; 10/14/2009 12:07 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 208 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 208 | Thanks guys - this is exactly the type of recommendation I was looking for. | | |
| |
| |