The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (2-Ton, cmayna, 1955 1 Series, tclederman), 85 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#581577 10/09/2009 12:33 AM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
Hi guys, I need to know the measurements of the door window glass of my 1952 chevy truck.
I don´t have the facility to buy them in a local store, I have to make then with tempered glass.
please, anybody can help me?
Alfonso

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Alfonso, I have a glass sitting in my shop that I can measure but it will be tomorrow. If no one else gives the dimensions I can get them...... If necessary I could draw a pattern for you if needed.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that the glass is out of my 52 Panel which is the same as your truck.

Last edited by Achipmunk; 10/09/2009 3:59 AM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
Ooh, thanks a lot, I´ll be waiting.
Alfonso

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Alfonso, I measure the glass I have and it measures
16 3/8" High and 18 1/4" Wide.

I'm sure you know on top corner is rounded pretty good and the other top corner is rounded a little bit.

Hope this helps you. If need I could gets some copy paper and draw trace it off.


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Obviously the glass is not totally square,so IMO it would be much better as Alvin said, to trace a pattern and use that instead.
I did this and had mine made up in 5mm Tempered green tinted glass.
I realise your glass is the smaller one,without the frame.
Shouldn't cost a bunch either!

Last edited by jockbolter50; 10/11/2009 6:13 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Jock, around here I was quoted 150 for the two side windows and the wing vents. I did a little haggling and got the tinted side windows/wing vents for 100 bucks..... Just in case anyone was wondering!!


1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Alvin...Was that for tempered?
If so,for having them cut and toughened(as we call it here)$100 is not too bad.

It's not what you know ,it's who you know!

I managed to get all the glass,including having the side and rear glass cut and tempered for less than $150.

That included a half sheet of 6.4mm Laminated green tinted glass for cutting my front windshields.(I'd just better not screw up!) dang

Last edited by jockbolter50; 10/13/2009 7:35 PM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Moderator: Welcome Centre, Southern Bolters, Legion Hall
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 14,522
yep, and your right. Its who you know.(saved me $50 bucks and they still made money!) I had such a good deal going I wanted to get the glass for the front but I had purchased the windshield from a fellow who gave up on his project. cost me $40 (both pieces) The glass is still in the box and had never been taken out. I may offer them up for sale so I can get some tinted ones?



1937 Chevy Pickup
In the Gallery
1952 Chevy Panel
In the Gallery
More photos
1950 Chevy Coupe
Pictures!

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0