The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Dennys28, Steelonsteel, Opelika Tom, Guitplayer, Ponchogl), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 116
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 116
I rebuilt my '41 GMC (228)several years ago to a pristine state. Before it had 5 hours of running time on it, the paint looked charred and burnt on the intake manifold under the carburetor. I don't seem to notice this on the Chevy 235. The paint under the carb on my 235 is about the prettiest paint on the whole truck LOL. Anybody know why? Jim

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
I wonder if the heat riser valve is stuck.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 116
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 116
It was free when I assembled the engine...I wonder if it could have stuck so soon after assembly. Guess I should check that, huh...

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 141
I just recently replaced my manifolds on my 228. I used rustoleum "army green" in a spray can, it has burnt near where the manifolds bolt togethrt also. My heat riser valve is fine.
Chris

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Perhaps the gasket failed.


Bill Burmeister

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0