| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,403 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 116 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 116 | I rebuilt my '41 GMC (228)several years ago to a pristine state. Before it had 5 hours of running time on it, the paint looked charred and burnt on the intake manifold under the carburetor. I don't seem to notice this on the Chevy 235. The paint under the carb on my 235 is about the prettiest paint on the whole truck LOL. Anybody know why? Jim | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I wonder if the heat riser valve is stuck. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 116 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 116 | It was free when I assembled the engine...I wonder if it could have stuck so soon after assembly. Guess I should check that, huh... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 141 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 141 | I just recently replaced my manifolds on my 228. I used rustoleum "army green" in a spray can, it has burnt near where the manifolds bolt togethrt also. My heat riser valve is fine. Chris | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | Perhaps the gasket failed.
Bill Burmeister | | |
| |
| |