Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,660 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 | So... picked up a 48 chevy this weekend. Bought it on craigslist for what i felt was a right price, sight unseen. Seller said it was a one ton. well, after doing some checking its double that - 2 ton. I am still looking for a one ton, as that is what I ultimately want. I think the 2 ton may sit around the farm for a while. The sheet metal is off the front, and has a cracked rear spring just below one eye.
My question is what is this truck worth? The cab has some rust in areas. It is complete, partially disassembled, and currently sitting on a trailer.
Anyone near central Texas have a 1 ton and they want to upgrade to a 2 ton?? If so, let me know. Thanks | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | If it was complete, together, and running it would have some value. If it is part way disassembled, has some broken stuff and rust then value drops pretty quick.
Without good pictures it would be hard to guess a value, and even at that you can't confirm that guess until someone offers that much for it.
If you bought it sight unseen and are still pleased then I doubt you paid to much for it...
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | I am in Fredericksburg and I tinker with larger trucks. Email me at [email protected] or call 830 997 7661 or cell 210 849 1906
Last edited by crenwelge; 10/01/2009 5:25 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | Last 2-ton I bought (August) cost me $300 see picture. Not much of a market as a whole because most people lack the room to work on and store them. Cab parts will fit any other model so there is a market for the parts. http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2318038670102454676rrrYnr | | | | | Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 28 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 28 | Would you be willing to part it out? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 3,596 | It was all gone in two weeks on to the next one now. If you need a particular part let me know I buy a truck a month on average. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 | plasticman,
I believe that I have located the one ton that I wanted initially. So it looks like I will be parting it. I am planning to keep the engine and transmission, but everything else is most likely going to go. Once I get the truck home, and find it to be very complete, the engine and tranny may go too. Whatever doesn't sell will go to the scrapper. Or if someone wants the whole truck, PM me an offer.
What do you need???? | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Sounds like this thread can be moved to the swap meet section then? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 | | | |
| |