The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TooMany2count, J Lucas, tclederman, Southerntruck), 69 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 20
J
Apprentice
Apprentice
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 20
My '51 1/2 ton stays outside and covered with a tarp to keep the rain off. I am in the process of sanding down my my cab. A few days ago I sprayed the top with Rustoleum Rust Converter to keep it from rusting over. It turned black and I assume that is doing its job of preventing rust from coming back. Is there anything special I have to do to the surface other than maybe using a prep to clean before I apply a 2 k primer? Wasn't sure if the two would be compatible.

Thanks,

JB

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

JB,

I have done as you describe with a similar Rustoleum's and other's rust-converters (sort of a light-brown milky liquid) and PPG DPepoxy primer. So far it has held up fine after 5 years.

Tim


Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,644
Read the label on the rust converter on the one I used on the inside of My doors it said You could only use a oil base paint over it so I did not use it anywere I had to paint .


Pete


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0