The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Eileen, Mike'sPlace, Maybellene, Uncles51, 1 invisible), 91 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,296
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
I had an oem one (I think) and it was corroded so badly it could not be salvaged. I found this on ebay, although not the 1960 Model yr. I was wondering if they made one for the 1960-1966 trucks?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...em255553b3b6&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

Ya'll got any sources?

Jake

Last edited by V-6 Fix Modelman; 09/19/2009 1:18 PM.

1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
didn't they have electric pumps by 60? I had a 62 that was electric, controlled by the wiper switch - the change happened the same time as they quit vacuum wipers as standard

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 166
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 166
I have an original foot pump that does not look like that at all. Its got two hoses to it, it gets screwed to the floor through a hole attached to the foot pump. Also the windshield washer bag is original. Its from a 66. Its an air bulb made from rubber.

Last edited by IsolationRide; 09/22/2009 7:01 PM.
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 388
My '66 had a 12v pump but it went bad.
I found one from a Volvo. Yep thats right Volvo car screws right into the top of the washer bucket like it was made for it, then hooked the 12v from the wiper switch to it and wala! Wash the windshield not a problem... the pump motor is only about the size of a short roll of quarters (2"diameter x 3"tall) sitting on the top, and a hose with the screen goes down into the bottle and the outlet hose goes to your factory windshield wash hoses.
Good luck.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...item27abc7bd2c&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

This is a little closer to a correct accessory. I'm not saying this is it, but it might be a start to getting what you need. It's cheap enough for parts at any rate. I never have seen a foot pump in Chevy or GMC accessory guides for the early 60's trucks.
I picked up one of these on eBay a while back for installation on my '60 GMC. I'll check the p/n for you.

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
Thanks
going to hook up my 2 sp. switch and see if get any action on the pump, if not I'll keep looking for a floor model.


1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0