| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,154 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 | Is there anyone who makes a carpet kit for the 60-66 suburbans? Did they orginally have carpet or rubber floor liner? Thanks for the info. Jason | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | LMC page 57 Jim Carters 60-66 catalogue won't come up for me, but he should have it too. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 | Thats for the trucks, not the suburban? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | right, but the front is the same. give them a call to see if rear and cargo area is available. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 | Check out Brothers...they have carpet sets and cabin rubber full mats and firewall kits. EB | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 | I contacted Brothers and they do not have carpet for the suburban. They also said they did not know of anyone who was making them. I would have to have an upolstery shop make me one. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | You'll be better off with a good upholster doing it anyway. My interior guy does not like the carpet sets that customers obtained from the catalog companies. He can make better product for the same money anyway. Something to consider- you could have your guy make a 2 way carpet with a vinyl or rubber backing much like a modern SUV has. Look at an Envoy or Trailblazer. It has close-pile carpet on one side and cleanable vinyl on the other. If you had rubber on one side and carpet on the other, you can flip them depending on what you need. Of course you'll have the seat mount holes to consider but you could have multiple pieces made to not make it such a hassle to flip carpets or remove seats. Just a thought. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 57 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2005 Posts: 57 | I used Ozite carpet on my 64, and made it in one piece front to back. Lots of stretching. The only place where I had to piece in was just at the rear of the side door openings where a couple of 90 degree angles meet. Couldn't stretch it that much. I spray glued it all down on top of foil backed insulation, and used a carpet bar at the back from Menard's. You can cut the carpet with good scissors. The place I bought it was yourautotrim.com or something like that. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 | Thanks a lot for the tips guys. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 564 | I used Ozite carpet on my 64, and made it in one piece front to back. Lots of stretching. The only place where I had to piece in was just at the rear of the side door openings where a couple of 90 degree angles meet. Couldn't stretch it that much. I spray glued it all down on top of foil backed insulation, and used a carpet bar at the back from Menard's. You can cut the carpet with good scissors. The place I bought it was yourautotrim.com or something like that. Can you post a pic of your interior? This sounds very interesting. The only thing I'd be concerned about is removing it for some reason... a leak causes mildew, a heater core goes out, you want to run new wires, etc. -Brad SOUTHERN FALL GABfestOctober 6 ~ Commerce, Georgia Details here!Never Pee on an Electric Fence. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 | Brothers just sent me the end of summer sale catalogue and they show rubber matts ( which I bought and just installed in my 63 GMC 4x4 sub because that was period issue ) but they also showed carpets for both low and hight hump carpet for the cabin. I think the PU'S with or without 4x4 are the same as suburbans for carpets and rubber matts.
Always ready to stand corrected though!
EB. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 | The fronts are the same no doubt. But I am looking for a rubber mat or carpet kit that also covers the approximately 2 ft. behind the front seat as well I actually called Brothers and they said that they did not have them. And that they did not know of anyone who makes them. I would have to have an upholstery shop make the carpet kit for me. I am looking for a one piece carpet kit that covers from the front and then behind the front seat to where the back seats begin. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 102 | Got ya....yes the factory repro mats and carpets are only for the cabin not the passenger bay. Too bad as I had to have the carpet made for the space you are talking about under and behind the front seats. But at least I got the repro mat and rubber fire wall kit I wanted. Good luck with your project...EB. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Aug 2009 Posts: 25 | Thanks a lot EB. I talked to a guy who had an upholstery shop do his carpet and then bought a rubber mat for the front for extra protection. That may be the route I take as well. Thanks again for the info and response. | | |
| |
| |