| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (mick53, Lostbuthaulinass, carbking, Southerntruck, Otto Skorzeny, 1955 1 Series, 52Carl, cmayna),
154
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,282 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 70 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 70 | I'm workingon a '53 chevy 1/2 ton. There are two rivets above the rear wheel well. I've looked alot of pictures but haven't found one that clearly shows how to finish these rivets.
Are they simply painted or do they get covered with body filler?
The help is very appreciated, mark | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | they are just painted over on all examples I have seen. I do have one fender that I believe to have the original factory paint. What I need is replacement rivets. I want to remove them so I can get at a dent. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 20 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Mar 2008 Posts: 20 | I/ve used carriage bolts and reworked the heads to look just like a rivet . the problem using a rivet over body filler , the filler will break down when you buck the rivet . | | | | | Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2009 Posts: 2,201 | I/ve used carriage bolts and reworked the heads to look just like a rivet . the problem using a rivet over body filler , the filler will break down when you buck the rivet . thanks, I shouldn't have any filler near the rivets though, so if anybody knows where they can be had from........ | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | I read here that welding the bracket would be visible so I went the original route and found a local place that carried rivets and the setting tool. As stated if there is any filler anywhere near the holes it will crumble when setting the rivets and I believe the metalwork around these holes has to be perfect to have lasting results. Try looking for a place that sells tools for working on aircraft.
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | |
| |
| |